Aquí os dejo el historial de Ricky Gervais para los que no le conocéis.
"Ricky Gervais is an English comedian, actor, director, radio presenter, producer, musician, and writer.
Gervais achieved mainstream fame with his television series The Office and the subsequent series Extras, both of which he co-wrote and co-directed with friend and frequent collaborator Stephen Merchant.
He has performed on four sell-out stand-up comedy tours, written the best-selling Flanimals book series and starred with Stephen Merchant and Karl Pilkington in the most downloaded podcast in the world as of March 2009, The Ricky Gervais Show.
He has won multiple awards and honours, including seven BAFTA Awards, five British Comedy Awards, two Emmy Awards, three Golden Globe Awards and the 2006 Rose d'Or, as well as a Screen Actors Guild Award nomination"
He has also hit the headlines (saltar a la palestra) recently for being the hostess (presentador, maestro de ceremonias) of the Golden Globes as his last performance was full of criticism and wound, just as only English humour can be.
Gervais's job as host of the 68th Golden Globe Awards was met with criticism since he made biting jokes (bromas mordaces) about many of the stars in attendance.
¿Qué como sé todo esto? Gracias a wikipedia. http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/SOPA/Blackoutpage
Pensaba poner el vídeo de este año, pero visto en que se quedó en un quiero y no puedo, os dejo con el del año pasado que además tiene alguna expresiones interesantes.
- Let´s get this straight: acalremos esto.
- got drunk, got naked, trashed the place: destrozar el sitio/ la habitación.
- I tell you what...:Os diré una cosa.
- to jump on the bandwagon: Join a growing movement in support of someone or something, often in an opportunist way, when that movement is seen to have become successful.
- ...so they can hang out with Angelina Jolie and Jhonny Depp: pasar tiempo.
- to accept bribes: aceptar sobornos.
- All that happens: todo lo que pasó.
- pretending to be: fingiendo ser.
- my lawyers helped me with the wording of that joke. mis abogados me ayudaron con la redacción de esa broma.
- make out: entender, descifrar.
- neither of wich is he now: ya no es ninguna de estas dos cosas.